Here are some key statistics on how NEF made a difference in 2017:
- NEF provides coaching and business plan review support to over 14 programs and events.
- In the past year, NEF-coached companies secured over $24.7M in equity funding!
- This is in addition to $2.5M in government funding.
- NEF coaches approximately 12 companies a year. A company who completes the program does a final presentation at our monthly forum.
NEF also provides coaching, judging, teaching and business plan review for a variety of competitions and entrepreneurial programs:
TechTown DTX, Desai Accelerator, Michigan Angel Fund, SPARK Education Series, China Business Challenge, Ann Arbor SPARK Boot Camp, Wayne State Entrepreneurial Program, Zell Lurie Entrepreneurship Challenge, Michigan Growth Capital Symposium (MGCS), Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurship (ACE), Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition (AMIC), Crain's Detroit Homecoming Urban Entrepreneurship Showcase, Global Automotive and Mobility Innovation Challenge (GAMIC), and David Brophy's Financing Technology Commercialization course at University of Michigan
- Other awards and recognition for NEF-coached companies
- Advanced Interactive Response System - top 2017 ACE prize
- MySwimPro $40K grand prize at the Green Light Michigan Business Model Competition; named the Best App of 2016 for the Apple Watch
- Melius Outcomes - 2017 MedHealth Summit prize
- Varsity News Network – one of Endeavor’s 34 high-impact entrepreneurs at its 66th International Selection Panel (ISP)
- Civionics - ‘Elite Entrepreneur’ on the TiE list of Top-20 Early Stage Startups at TiEcon Midwest
- Ten of the 36 semi- finalists and 2 of the finalists for the 2017 Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition (AMIC) are NEF-coached companies
- Seven of the 2017 Michigan Growth Capital Symposium (MGCS) presenters were NEF-coached companies
- Civionix and Genomenon selected as finalists for Rise of the Rest