Lemonade Day provides kids K-12 the opportunity to experience entrepreneurship by planning, starting, owning, and operating their own businesses: lemonade stands! This national experiential learning program was brought to Michigan by Huntington Bank in 2011.Take a look at the results so far:
- More than 70,000 Michigan youth have participated
- Over $2.5 Million in revenue generated by the one-day businesses
- Over $500 Thousand donated to charities
- Detroit Public Schools incorporated Lemonade Day into their curriculum for all K-8 schools in 2013 and 2014.
- More Michigan cities are coming on board. In 2014, Flint and Ann Arbor were added. Additional interest has come from Grand Rapids and Flint in 2015.
Accelerate Success…Volunteers are needed to mentor students, host workshops and introductions to Lions’ players on May 3, and to provide safe and visible locations for lemonade stands on June 6. Social media support is needed to promote Lemonade Day Michigan. Financial support is needed to provide the educational material free of charge to students.