The inaugural NEF Pitch Pit event was held in conjunction with ACE '14 (www.ace-event.org) on Thursday, 30 Jan 2014. NEF Pith Pit is an event that is loosely modeled after ABC's Shark Tank. For this first event, there were three contestants:
- Mary Beckerman – Recipe Manager System
- Diana Chen – Crowdsourcing Legal Help Platform
- Xavier Clemons – The New Credit Card Shaver
After delivering their four minute pitches, our panel of judges
- Martin Dober, Vice President for Invest Detroit
- David Gregorka, Venture Partner at Baird Capital
- Charlie Moret, Managing Director for Tech-Based Entrepreneurship at Tech Town
provided feedback to help the budding entrepreneurs and selected a winner. The judges selected Diana Chen, Crowdsourcing Legal Help Platform, as the winner; and the audience selected Xavier Clemons, The New Credit Card Shaver, as being their favorite. For her efforts, Diana was awarded cash pot, which totaled $218.
For those wishing to participate, or for those simply wanting to watch the festivities, keep an eye on the NEF website - we are planning four more NEF Pitch Pit events during the upcoming year.